Terms Correct as of
Choosing to shop with Childsplay Clothing means you've placed a great deal of trust in us. In sharing your personal information we hope you in return benefit from a tailored and convenient shopping experience. With trust comes responsibility and we take this responsibility very seriously.
This Privacy Notice helps you to understand how we use your personal information and who we share it with.
This Privacy Notice applies when you shop with Nexts Saudi Arabian websites or if you otherwise share your personal information with us, for example if you contact us with a query or we send you marketing. We change the terms of this Privacy Notice from time to time and you should check it regularly. The last updated date is shown at the beginning of the document. If we make any material changes we will take steps to bring it to your attention.
We are Next Retail Limited (“we”, “our”, “us”) and operate here under the name of Childsplay Clothing. We’re part of the Next plc.
We are the data “controller”, which means we are responsible for deciding how and why your personal information is used. We’re also responsible for making sure it is kept safe, secure and handled legally.
We operate to the highest standards when protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy. If you have any questions about your personal information, or how we use it, you can contact our Data Protection Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To process any orders that you place with us and to facilitate any returns
- We take payment details to process payment for any credit or debit card orders you place with us. We share these details with our chosen payment processors (for example Worldpay or Paypal)
- We use your account information plus your chosen delivery address details to; deliver your purchases and keep you informed of their status, and to process any returns including (where appropriate) collecting the item from you.
- Our chosen payment processors store your payment card details at your request to speed up your checkout in the future.
To provide you with access to an account
- To register an account with us we capture information such as your name, date of birth, contact and delivery information, and a password to protect your account (account information). We use the same information on an ongoing basis to manage and provide secure access to your account, and provide you with the services you request.
To provide customer service to you
- We record calls and keep correspondence (customer service records) when you contact our customer service teams or interact with us on social media. We use these customer service records to manage your queries or complaints effectively, for quality monitoring and to continually improve our services.
To personalise and improve your experience when you shop
- We keep a record of how you interact with our website and any marketing you are exposed to, we use this data, along with purchase history, demographics, account information and third party information, to show you products and offers that we think you will be most interested in and to tailor your experience.
- We use your account information, information on the devices you use to access our sites and your interactions with us to operate personalised features across our websites, apps and communications.
To inform you about products and services that may interest you
- We use technologies such as cookies within digital marketing networks, ad exchanges and social media networks such as Facebook’s Custom Audience to get relevant marketing messages across to you and other customers. We share aggregated and anonymised information about the customer segments we are interested in reaching with advertising partners, so they can focus on showing adverts to those who are most likely to be interested in our products, services and offers, and to prevent them showing you irrelevant or repetitive advertisements.
- We share limited information with selected suppliers to enable them to identify new prospective customers on our behalf and to prevent us repeatedly advertising products or services you have already bought.
- We receive information on how you interact with our adverts and content on third-party websites and social media platforms (such as Google or Facebook) which we use to tailor the information that is displayed to you.
To keep in touch with you
- When you register for an account and shop with us we start to keep you up to date with news of products and services including store events, offers, promotions and Sale information, unless you tell us you don’t want us to through your account or using the link in every email that we send to you.
- When we send you communications we use records of how you interact with our website and any other marketing we’ve sent to you, along with purchase history, to tailor the messages to include information you are most likely to be interested in.
- We use your account information to notify you about important service messages, such as material changes to this policy, product recalls or information about your account.
- Where you have requested it we use your account information to deliver Next Directories to you.
n.b. If at any point you have made amendments to your contact preferences in the ‘my account’ section of our website, selecting to receive communications from us, we are operating under consent instead of legitimate interest.
To ensure the Website and the services we offer you operate properly
- We use other cookies and similar technologies to help us understand how you use the site, this allows us to optimise your shopping experience and continually improve our site.
- We gather information about the devices you use to access our sites (desktop and mobile) for example your IP address and device type, to ensure the site is secure and works across multiple platforms.
- We use information for Logistics planning, demand forecasting, management information, dealing with errors on our site, and general research and development.
To develop and improve our products, range and services
- We share insights about our customers (in an anonymised and aggregated format) with the companies whose products we sell. This helps them better understand the different profiles of our customers, focusing on those who buy their products or are interested in them.
- We may contact you to take part in customer satisfaction surveys, if you respond we collect your feedback and contributions (customer feedback). We use this information to develop the services we offer.
- We work with information providers that specialise in consumer profiling, such as Experian and Merkle. These organisations provide demographic or other data to help better understand customers' demographics, lifestyles or shopping behaviours, usually linked to the areas where people live.
- We use information about how you browse and engage with our website to improve our websites.
- We use all information, including third party data in the development of new products, services and systems to ensure they work as expected and will be useful to our customers.
To prevent and detect crime
- We use your account information, order history and payment history to assist in monitoring for fraudulent transactions or suspected money laundering.
- When you register an account, apply for credit or contact our call centres we use your account, application and purchase history information to confirm your identity.
- We use device identifiers and IP addresses in fraud prevention and investigation, and to maintain network and data security.
To fulfil our legal obligations
- We use your data to ensure we comply with any requirements imposed on us by law or court order, including disclosure to law or tax enforcement agencies and authorities or pursuant to legal proceedings.
- We will share data with regulatory and other official bodies if they make formal requests.
- We will maintain records to meet regulatory and tax requirements.
- We will use your account information to contact you in connection with product recalls or other similar product quality issues and to comply with our legal obligations in connection with the sale of age restricted products.
We keep your personal information as long as you are a customer of ours and generally for seven years afterwards to comply with legal requirements. During that time we take steps to remove any personal data as soon as we no longer need it.
We consider you a customer:
- For 3 years from the point you last made a purchase from our website, or
- During any time we are managing a customer service request from you.
We work with a number of trusted third parties to provide you high quality goods and services. Anybody we work with is subject to stringent security and data privacy assessments before we begin to do business with them and on an ongoing basis.
We always make efforts to anonymise data and only pass over personal information that is absolutely necessary for the purposes it is being processed. We always do so securely.
We have contracts in place with all suppliers that help us to ensure security and privacy of your personal information, these are reviewed and updated regularly and always in line with data protection laws.
- Next Group companies – Next Retail Limited, Next Distribution, Brecon Debt Recovery, Lipsy, Marie Claire Beauty Limited, Retail Restaurants Limited and Next Retail (Ireland) Limited. You may also know s by our trading names - Fabled, Fabled by Marie Claire, Fabled TCR, www.fabled.com, LABEL, Labelonline, Lipsy, Lipsy & Co, Little Label, www.little-label.co.uk, Next, Next Art 2 Order, Next Beauty, Next Clearance, Next Directory, Next Domestic Appliances, Next Flowers, Next Gift Experiences, Next Gift List, Next Gifts, Next Home, Next Kids, Next Made 2 Measure, Next Online, Next Photos, Next Retail, Next Wines, next.co.uk and Childsplay Clothing.
- Delivery Partners –helping us to deliver the goods you order to you including our brand partners that dispatch and deliver goods to you directly.
- IT Companies – supporting us in maintaining our website and other business systems including; providing phone lines, data storage facilities, and providing and supporting Cloud based infrastructure used in providing our products and services.
- Marketing Companies and Online Advertising - helping us to manage our electronic communications to you and to help us show you the advertising you are most likely to be interested in, Companies that provide marketing and advertising assistance (including management of email marketing operations, mobile messaging services such as SMS, and services that deploy advertising on the internet or social media platforms, such as Facebook and Google) as well as analysis of the effectiveness of our advertising and communications campaigns.
- We use technologies such as cookies, pixels, and device ID’s within digital marketing networks, ad exchanges and social media networks such as Facebook’s Custom Audience to get relevant marketing messages across to you.
- Consumer profiling organisations - These organisations provide demographic or other data to help better understand customers' demographics, lifestyles or shopping.
- Payment processors - Payment card processors to process credit and debit card payments and store payment information; for example Worldpay and Paypal.
- Fraud prevention services - Before we provide goods and services to you, we use third parties to undertake fraud and money laundering checks and verify your identity. These organisations will report to us on industry fraud indicators and if they have reason to believe an identity is fraudulent.
If we have reason to suspect fraud or other criminal offences we will pass your personal information to fraud prevention agencies (such as CIFAS) or law enforcement agencies for the detection, investigation and prevention of crime.
If we think there is a risk of fraud, we may suspend activity on your account or refuse access to your account and/or cancel an order. If we do this we will inform you by email or SMS and ask you to contact us.
- Research and analytics companies - We may share personal details to allow research companies and feedback providers to contact you directly on our behalf in order to capture your opinions on our products, services, websites and apps. We may ask these research companies to analyse the results so that we can better understand your online experience, which will help us to improve our services. We only provide them with the information they need to perform their function. This may take the form of a survey, where you may be asked to review a product or service you’ve bought or provide general feedback on our products and services. You will always have the choice about whether to take part in our market research or surveys.
We may share information with specialist companies to analyse customer information to help us better understand how you use our services and to tailor products, services and offers that may be relevant for you.
We utilise companies that help us track and record the way you navigate our website, so that we can understand your online experience and use it to improve our services and offer a more personalised experience.
- Product technicians – we use professional third party companies to assist us in independently reviewing issues and complaints with our products. We will share information with these technicians to allow them to review the product and return it to you or to review the product in your home.
- General service companies - such as printers and mailing houses that assist us in providing our products and services.
- Regulators and the Police - We will share data with regulators and other official bodies (including law enforcement) if they make formal requests or pursuant to legal proceedings.
- If you place an order with us and you are outside of the UK we will transfer the data that we hold on you to Next Retail Limited in the UK to facilitate your order.
- Childsplay Clothing Limited; to enable them to manage existing customer relationships, manage recalls and returns after the date of transfer.
Our main operations are based in the UK and your personal information is generally processed, stored and used within the UK and other countries in the European Economic Area (EEA). Next operates a call centre in Pune, India. Operatives in this location will have access to your account information in order to assist you with your query. We also work with suppliers and partners who may make use of Cloud and /or hosted technologies across multiple geographies.
If you use any third-party apps, websites or services to access our services, your usage is subject to the relevant third party's terms and conditions, cookies policy, and privacy notice. For example, if you interact with us on social media, your use is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy notices of the relevant social media platform (Facebook, Twitter etc.). The same stands if you use third-party services, like Amazon's Alexa, as your use of the service is subject to their applicable terms and conditions. We may be required to share customer information relating to transactions and use of such third party services with that third party.
Providing the KSA ID number for the recipient of an order is a legal requirement for customs clearance. For non KSA Nationals we collect a passport number. These numbers are collected as part of the order process and saved for future orders. If you do not want these numbers to be saved after we have delivered your order please email SaudiArabiaHelp@next.co.uk using your account registration email address.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Data Protection Office
Next Retail Limited,
or via email@example.com